Monday, October 11, 2010

Who am I?

Actually, I've been trying to do a presentation of myself for almost half an hour now. This is so much harder than I thought it would be.

The big stuff is easy. I'm 29 and live in Sweden. A sociology student at Gothenburg University and newly married to the boy of my dreams, my best friend.

I'm quite nerdy, ranging from sci-fi books, movies, comics, board gaming and hours and hours of tv-series galore.

I knit. And crochet. And find these things more than helpful when trying to wind down. I could easily spend several evenings alone in the sofa with my knitting and listening to an audiobook.

I'm not really shy, but I find it hard to connect with people in public environments, especially in classrooms and at work. I'm not sure I like the 'me' I show them but it's at the same time hard to know when and how it happens. I think it's some kind of remnant from my nerdy youth, but since I haven't got problems in the social area when I'm with my friends this isn't really a problem at all. But it's really interesting when you're starting to think about how you present yourself to others.

Me and my husband (that's the first time I'm addressing him as such, whee!) are thinking of moving abroad in a couple of years. He's working on his doctoring degree right now, and after what I've heard , he might get a job in Australia, Canada, or the northern US. I've said I'm with him as long as we'll end up somewhere where they speak english. Exciting!

I'm not at all sure where life will take me. But I'll probably like it, I usually do.



This is me, hello!

No comments: